Tuesday, February 5, 2008

D'Orch Wear

Dorkestra's new line of clothing provided by moi came in at the beginning of this week and it looks hott. Hoodies, sweats, tees, and totes! I'll post pictures of them tomorrow. They are officially called D'Orch Wear.

So anyways...Super Tuesday today? I honestly have no idea what's going to happen. No opinion from me today.

So I've been thinking about college (of course...I'm a senior). But really, it just hit me that it's VERY possible that I don't get admission from any university/college. Like, what then? The chances of RISD taking me are slim to none and god knows about my other choices. End of the world? Seems that way...but then I realize that if you look at the demographics of McLean, Virginia: 3984308% white and asian...probably 99% student gradate from high school and 99% of those graduates go to some university/college. Ouch. Community college is looked down upon and skipping a year is a sin. Also, over 50% of the parents of those students are either lawyers, doctors, or "government employees" *cough CIA *cough*...and the people who live here worked to get here...so any slight sign of weakness in the smarts or motivation is immediately found and destroyed.

Man...and I wonder why I have stress issues.

Point is...even if I don't get in anywhere...I'm still going to work hard freelancing while of course holding a steady job elsewhere...it's not like like I'm going to sit around doing nothing. I might even go to NoVA and transfer. It's normal. Northern Virginians are just freaks of fucking nature.

In other news...there is no news I'm too flustered at the moment to write

~C12

1 comment:

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

I had the same crisis a while ago myself. I came to the conclusion that if I dont get into any school I would just do exactly what I intended on doing when I just got out of college.
Find a jobe you like, work, have fun.
Don't worry. College is cool but it's not crucial.

p.s
the program is called NYSSS (new york state summer school of the arts).
It's a 4 week thing that takes place at ithaca college and has photo, computer art, film and video. You should check it out if you dig any of the above.