Political rant!
So as predicted, Obama took the Potomac Primaries (VA, MD, DC). But hey, I still voted for Hillary because I support her. Now I'm not upset that Obama won. Sure, I think Hillary is better suited for the job...but my problem is what is going to happen in school tomorrow.
I'm really surprised how immature people are about this. Do you know how many people tomorrow are going to be like "OMGZ HILLARY SUCKS I TOLD YOUUUU OBAMA FTW"... those people are the ones who never have their own opinion and reason to vote for obama and against clinton. All they do is listen to what the media says and repeat what they say verbatim. They have no opinion. Just because they can listen and repeat they suddenly think they're the educated population of society and suddenly everyone else's opinion doesn't matter anymore. There are people, my friends, who support Obama, but they have their own reasonable reasons to do so. I respect that and they respect me. I'm fine with that. Also, voting Obama has suddenly become as trendy as ugg[ly] boots. (ew). Just because the person next to you is voting for obama, you have to vote for obama to fit in. (and trust me...the few in my gov class who vote hillary do get shit for it). I also really really dislike the pessimists right now who only vote for obama, not for his inspirational effect, not for his issues, not for his policies, but for the sole fact that they dont have enough faith in the democratic party to think hillary could still beat mccain in the general election if nominated.
Also, why is it popular to hate hillary? Obviously we can't criticize Obama's policies because that's racist. We don't even have to talk about race but anything that is negative about Obama is suddenly racist. Yet we can call Hillary a cold unloving masculine machine or a hysteric female...without being called sexist. Why has sexism gone so undetected? It really irritates me.
~C12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment